Complex Commercial Litigation
FBR represents entrepreneurs, private equity funds, hedge funds, venture capitalists, family offices, large and small corporations and partnerships, and individuals in a diverse range of complex commercial litigation and arbitration nationwide. FBR’s partners enjoy decades of experience litigating disputes involving federal securities laws, mergers and acquisitions, accounting fraud, stockbroker misconduct, class actions, anti-terrorism litigation and a wide variety of other business torts. Our lawyers have honed their ability to master and to persuasively present evidence concerning complex topics such as the development of medical devices and pharmaceuticals, the market forces that impact product pricing, and the operation of the securities markets. We bring the same devotion necessary to master those complex topics to every litigation and arbitration.
- Obtained a $4 million jury verdict and the rejection of the defendants’ counterclaims in the representation of a corporation in consolidated lawsuits stemming from oil and gas general partnership investments.
- Obtained a multi-million dollar award for a private equity fund and its principal after a nine-day arbitration involving alleged breaches of fiduciary obligations and the theft of trade secrets.
- Secured a $32 million judgment on behalf of a mezzanine lender in litigation arising from a failed real estate loan.
- Obtained a favorable, confidential settlement for a Fortune 500 company in a matter involving a contractual dispute arising from solar renewable energy credit transactions.
- Secured a multi-million dollar settlement on behalf of the former shareholders of a start-up medical device company in connection with an arbitration involving claims that a large, public company failed to fulfill its contractual obligation to develop the shareholders’ innovative cardiac care product for commercial purposes.
- Secured a multi-million dollar settlement of securities fraud, suitability and breach of fiduciary duty claims asserted on behalf of companies that invested in auction rate securities that failed at auction, leaving the firm’s clients holding illiquid investments with minimal value.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment for one of New York’s largest telecommunications contractors in an action involving allegations of monopolization of the market for the installation of telecommunications equipment and wiring in New York City.